Thursday, May 6, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge with Embossing

Greetings!  There is a fun color and embossing challenge over at Embellish Magazine.  The challenge is to incorporate the colors pink, green, blue and yellow into a card along with dry/heat embossing.  FUN!

For my card, I used my new 6X6 paper pack from Cosmo Cricket (Joy Ride) collection.  I love the fun and energetic papers in this line.  I thought it would be funny to incorporate my December KOM from Unity Stamps.  After all, snails are not the quickest of animals.  The sentiment that goes along with this image is the best.  I'm not slow, I'm just trying to savor the journey.  (hee hee). 

Embossing is one of my favorite techniques (dry or heat embossing).  But for this card, I tried something totally different, which may be hard to tell from the picture.  In order to create an embossed paper (circle paper), I used Stampendous' Boss Gloss and covered the circles with clear embossing powder.  Embossed paper at a fraction of the price!
Hope you enjoy!
Supplies:
DP:  Cosmo Cricket (Joy Ride)
Copic Markers
Pen: Inkessential
Boss Gloss:  Stampendour
Embossing Powder:  Stampendous
Glitter Pen:  Sakura
Gems:  Mark Richards
Ink:  Momento, Distress (Pumice Stone)
Circle Cutter: Colluzzle
Dies:  Nestabilities (Small Oval)
Punch:  Fiskars  (scallop)

2 comments:

Angela Mclean said...

Oh, that snail is TOO CUTE!!! Mega fun card - love it!
Angela xxx.

Mariana Grigsby said...

That snail is adorable... and that sentiment made me smile!!! Love your card!