Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Butterfly Acetate

Greetings!
Today I was catching up on some co-worker birthday cards and I decided to try something new!
K& Co. makes these really cute butterfly acetate 3-D embellishments.  I thought these would be easy to re-create with a little stamp action and some acetate sheets.
So here is what I made:

First I stamped the butterfly from Hero Arts on Papertrey's White cardstock.  I then colored the butterfly with my Copic markers and cut out the image.  Next I stamped the same butterfly with Stazon on an acetate sheet.  Again cut out the image and used a glue dot to stick them together.  I then added a little glitter with my Quicki Glue Pen.

I went with Basic Grey's Origins line and used a Making Memories garment pin and jump ring to allow the butterfly to float on the card.  The sentiment is from Unity Stamps. Neato Cheeto!
Hope you enjoy!

No comments: