Friday, September 4, 2009

School Days Tag


Greetings! School started last week for my oldest (2nd grade) and Wednesday will be my son's last first day of preschool. As I stated in my previous post, I have now started to receive the Unity Stamps, Kit of the Month (KOM). In the August kit, I received all sorts of images, but one I enjoy most is the school house. So why not make up some cute little tags for teachers and my daughter's lunch box?!
I used some pre-cut tags from the Paper Co. found at Archiver's in the 1.99 bin. I love these little tags-all ready for someone to ink up!
Before I stamped my image, I used my ink applicators from Ranger and some of their Distress Inks (Worn Corduroy and Broken China). This ink works best for distressing papers.
After I inked and stamped, I colored the image with my Copic markers. I have placed a lot of effort on shadowing and depth lately. I am improving as I practice. :)
Lastly, I added some ribbon from American Crafts (ABCs and Polka Dot Green. I attached one with a tie and the other with staples. (The mini paper clips are from Tim Holtz.)
Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

webbwatz said...

Hi Heather, you are doing such fun and practical things. Keep up the great work!! Love, Mom