Monday, December 29, 2008

Asian Dolls



Hope everyone had a splendid Christmas! I am glad things are slowly but surely moving back to normal in my house. Now that all the wrapping paper and little twist ties that go on the back of the toys are off the floor. We had so much stuff to take home (TOYS!) that we could not fit everything into our little Hyundai station wagon between my parents and my husband's so my youngest sister had to bring a second shipment in on Sunday night.
For the past two weeks we have not had a microwave...that was fun. My son lives off of chicken nuggets so we had to plan ahead on what to COOK in the OVEN. Not to mention the millions of times we would put something in the microwave to heat up only to realize that NO IT DOES NOT WORK!
Luckily, my ROCKSATR parents came through and bought us a new microwave as an extra gift for Christmas! THANK YOU!!
Anyway.....my post today features the NEW ASIAN DOLL STAMPS from Hero Arts. I saw these little babies online at Jennifer McGuire's blog. The set I saw was wooden blocked but Archiver's had the clear set which included a couple of other images. An ECFE coworker of mine gave me a gift card for my birthday so I HAD to spend it. (Actually, I planned to spend it IF the stamps were in stock:) So I made these cute little cards. I also added the Arigato (which means thanks in Japanese) with my printer.
The dolls were colored with my Copics. Papers used are from Scenic Route-love the two-sided paper. I added bling and glitter to the Komonos with Hero Arts stones and my glitter pens. The little hair pins have Cloud 9 Raindots too. The stamps also have little lantern and fan images which I stamped and colored and hung (lanterns) with Wiki Stick string.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Heather!
OMG! Those are too cute! Nicely done - keep the ideas coming!

Hope the new microwave is working well for you!